The Cool School Challenge is a friendly competition between area schools as part of the statewide Polar Plunge. Students and faculty interested in creating more inclusive school environments, raising money to support Special Olympics athletes and having fun doing something wild should form a Cool School team.
Power to the Plungers! – Plunge teams strength your school by uniting students, faculty and families for a great cause.
- Teach students the importance of being active citizens in the community
- Earn community service hours
- Create a fun team-building experience
- Build leadership skills
- Raise awareness of intellectual disabilities
- Create lasting memories with your peers!
Earn Bragging Rights and More:
- Your team can earn funds for your school or program!
- Your team will be eligible to enter theCostume Contest and the Team With The Most Plungers at your plunge location
- Additional incentives are based on total funds raised
Teams must raise $75 per plunger for each plunger to receive a commemorative t-shirt.
Select a Plunge Location and go to that page to create your team and register.
Go to the FAQs page if you need step by step instructions on how to register.
Download the Revenue Share Information Sheet or the Shared Revenue Application here. Visit the FAQs page for more helpful information on how to earn funds for your school and SOKS.
Share the guide How to Raise $150 in 7 days with your team mates to get the fundraising started.
2017 Fundraising Totals to Beat:
Bonner Springs HS, KC – $7,290.47
Washburn Rural HS, Topeka – $1,525.00
Lansing HS, KC – $1,352.00
Salina South MS – $1,192.00
Canton-Galva, Salina – $1,065.00
JC Harmon, KC – $855.00
Seamen HS, Topeka – $690.00
Nelson Elementary, Haysville – $655.00
Break the Ice, make new friends and have some fun! Issue a challenge to another school, club, parents or another organization.
Need More Information?
Contact Luke Schulte, firstname.lastname@example.org 620.408.4450